This one day workshop has been arranged by Food and Farming Compliance Ltd. to provide advice and training on self-protection.
The course is a mixture of tuition, discussion and practical work and is designed for all staff who may come into contact with the public in confrontational situations.
Inspection professionals put themselves in conflict situations regularly but few are trained to deal with these in a planned and effective way to minimise the risk of harm to themselves and others, relying instead on a mixture of luck and natural interpersonal skills.
This course provides delegates with a strategy for dealing with these situations and sign posts the skills necessary for minimising the risk of harm. It is designed for staff employed to carry out inspections of premises in lone working situations
The Health and Safety at Work Act places an obligation on all employers to provide training for staff likely to go into/find themselves in conflict situations so they are able to ensure their personal safety.
Areas covered include:
• Situational hazard awareness – recognising the danger signs
• Conflict avoidance – how to prevent a conflict situation getting out of hand
• Conflict resolution – turning down the heat in potentially violent situations
• Breakaway techniques – for when you are under immediate physical threat
• Defensive techniques – when a breakaway is not sufficient to ensure personal safety